WHO WE ARE
We seek to understand and explore the emerging energy storage. We are interested into both the fundamental science and the large-scale engineering applications. We aim to build better energy storage towards a green and wireless world. Our current research interests focus on non-aqueous electrolyte and interfacial chemistry, lithium-sulfur batteries, solid-state batteries, fast-charge Li-ion batteries, electrocatalysis, theoretical simulations, and machine-learning assisted material design.
Prof. Qiang Zhang is now a tenured professor in Tsinghua University, China. He held the Newton Advanced Fellowship from Royal Society, UK and the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars. He is a highly cited researcher (2017-2019, Clarivate) with more than 30,000 citations. He is an invited/adjudicative referee for Nat. Energy, Nat. Nanotechnol., Nat. Catal., Sci. Adv., JACS, Adv. Mater. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., and so on. He is editor of Journal of Energy Chemistry.
To learn more information about Prof. Qiang Zhang, please refer to the websites below:
WHAT WE NEED
We are now seeking applications for postdoctoral positions from around the world. Research themes include: non-aqueous electrolyte and interfacial chemistry, lithium-sulfur batteries, solid-state batteries, fast-charge Li-ion batteries, electrocatalysis, and theoretical modelling and simulations. We welcome junior scholars who are committed to academic research and who are brave for innovation to join the group.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
1) Applicants must have a PhD degree.
2) Under 35 years old; PhD degree is obtained within the last 3 years; fresh graduates are given priority in consideration.
3) Must work full time at Tsinghua University after entering Tsinghua University.
4) Strong sense of cooperation, good organization and coordination ability.
5) Good English writing and communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
1) Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, compliant with policies for postdoctoral recruitment. The basic policies and application process of the postdoctoral in Tsinghua University can be found in the following website: http://postdoctor.tsinghua.edu.cn/bsh/index.jsp. We also provide opportunities for overseas conference/cooperation. The treatment of outstanding people and work arrangements after leaving the station can be discussed in person.
2) The outstanding applicants will be supported to apply the Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program. To attract excellent junior scholars to do research in Tsinghua University, support their academic career, and educate leading researchers in various fields, Tsinghua University has set up the “Shuimu Tsinghua Scholar Program”. The annual salary is 300,000 RMB before tax for two years. Shuimu Scholars will be provided with transitional housing on the campus or provided with housing subsidies of 42,000 RMB per year, state-funded housing subsidies of 1,2000 RMB per year, as well as subsidies for property management and heating. For more details: http://postdoctor.tsinghua.edu.cn/info/zxtz/1777
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be interviewed in terms of their academic ability, their research plan, and the potential effect on the subject field, etc. Please send the application materials to the email of Prof. Qiang Zhang.
1) Curriculum vitae, including the education and research experience to date.
2) Research plan during the postdoctoral.
3) Academic and scientific research materials (a scanned original in PDF format). Articles, monographs, patents or awards representing the applicant’s highest academic level and scientific research achievements. Among them: full text is provided for articles (Accept letters should be provided for unpublished papers); cover, catalogue and abstract are provided for monographs; copies of certificates are provided for patents or awards.
4) 2-3 letters of recommendation (including PhD advisor’s recommendation letter) should be sent by recommenders directly to the department’s mail address. If the recommendation letter is sent as an attachment, it must be signed by the recommender (sender).
Contact with us
Prof. Dr. Qiang ZHANG
Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
Tsinghua Road, Beijing 100084, P.R. China
You will find a brand-new start to your independent academic career,
And you will be nourished by the culture of this top-tiered university in the world.
Welcome to the family of Prof. Qiang Zhang group. Building better energy storage for world! *This recruitment is valid for a long time.