Energy storage is a key supporting technology for the energy revolution. The development of energy storage is an important means to promote the integration and consumption of high proportions of renewable energy such as wind and solar energy. It is important to improve the independent controllability of key equipment and systems, and realize the transformation of my country’s energy structure and energy. The key to supply security is also an urgent need for key common supporting technologies to achieve carbon peak and carbon neutrality.
With the goal of sustainable development, our research group is engaged in innovative research in the fields of energy materials and energy chemistry, especially lithium metal, lithium-sulfur batteries, and energy electrocatalysis. The specific research work includes:
(1) Lithium metal batteries and enery chemistry: Lithium bond chemistry, ion–solvent complex, and chemsitry about lithium metal and electrolytes.
(2) Lithium metal anodes: Highly safe, high-energy density, and long-cycling composite lithium metal anodes and solid-state batteries.
(3) Lithum–sulfur batteries: Long-cycling, low-expense, and high-energy-density lithium–sulfur batteries.
(4) Energy and electrocatalysis: Zinc–air batteries, oxygen reduction and oxidation catalyst, three-phase electrocatalysis.
(5) Machine-learning assisted functional material design